Making Herbal Tinctures
This workshop covers all aspects of the process of making herbal tinctures from both fresh and dried herbs, including:
- Understanding different extraction media (menstruum).
- Preparing different potencies.
- Jars and equipment.
- Using different kinds of presses.
- Differences between using fresh and dried herbs.
- Administration and dosages.
- Differences between tinctures and other herbal preparations.
This workshop will include both lectures and demonstrations of how to prepare, macerate and press fresh and dried herb tinctures using different kinds of equipment. Students will receive samples of fresh and dried herb tinctures of the same herb that are prepared during the workshop to use and compare.
Required textbooks: None.
Scheduling: Saturday November 17, 10 am to 5 pm. This workshop is now open for registration.
Location: Living Earth School in Maple, Ontario.
Instructor: Michael Vertolli.
You may register here.