Benefits of Professional Membership with the Ontario Herbalists Association:
- Membership in a world class herbalists association.
- The right to use the Registered Herbalist (RH) designation.
- Public legitimacy that comes with being a member of an organization with Educational Standards, Scope of Practice and Ethics Standards, and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
- Free listing on the Find a Registered Herbalist section of the OHA website. This listing includes the practitioner’s contact information and a link to their personal website.
- Opportunity to feature a promotional video for your practice.
- Practitioner phone and email referral.
- The support of the Professional Members Committee (PMC) which is concerned with the needs of Registered Herbalists.
- Opportunity to participate in the PMC, additional subcommittees, and SNRH (Students & New Registered Herbalists) Case Studies
- A Certificate of Membership with a yearly renewal sticker. This gives a member’s clients the confidence and security that their practitioner’s credentials are current.
- Membership card and discounts with “Friends of the OHA” companies.
- Opportunity for members to advertise their schools, workshops, or herbal events on the OHA website, monthly newsletter, and OHA social media.
- Invitation to the OHA Annual Corn Roast and OHA Plant/Supply Exchange Picnic.
- The right to attend the OHA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Voting rights on important OHA issues.
- The right to run for a position on the Board of Directors of the OHA.
- Rewards from the increased awareness by the general public of the benefits of herbal medicine and of professional standing within the OHA through the promotional efforts of the OHA.
- Opportunity to help guide the future of herbal medicine in Ontario.
- Representation with the provincial government on issues that affect the practice of herbal medicine in Ontario, and on the federal level through the OHA’s membership in the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA).
- Access to the Professional Members login area of the Association’s website. This area includes a wealth of guidance documents, articles and e-books, as well as all OHA minutes of meetings, bulletins and newsletters. Coming Soon!
- Opportunity to present as a lecturer at OHA sponsored events.
- Opportunity to promote personal practice and display promotional material at OHA sponsored events.
- Discounts at all OHA seminars and sponsored events.
- The use of Registered Herbalist brochures produced by the OHA. These are professionally designed brochures on the benefits and practice of herbal medicine and why one should see an OHA Registered Herbalist. Members receive 15 brochures free annually and have the opportunity to purchase more at a discounted price through the Association.
- Access to The Herbalist’s Way Ezine
- Access to our quarterly Herb Talk, an online event featuring various herbal practitioners
Who Can Apply?
Applicants for professional membership in the OHA must satisfy OHA Educational Standards, and practice in accordance with the professional Code of Ethics, Code of Practice and Scope of Practice.