Student Membership is available to anyone who:
- is currently enrolled in a herbal program with the goal of continuing herbal training and the possibility of eventual professional membership in the OHA, or
- can demonstrate completion of any herbal or relevant course(s) studied in the twelve months previous to registration or renewal of OHA membership.
To apply, fill out the application form below, and attach your proof of enrollment or recent studies. You will be taken to a secure PayPal transaction page when you click submit.
The Benefits of Student Membership:
- Membership in a world class herbalists association.
- The right to attend the OHA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Voting rights at AGM and at most subcommittees except the Professional Members Committee (PMC).
- The right to run for a position on the Board of Directors of the Association.
- The support of the Student Members Committee (SMC) which is concerned with the needs of student herbalists.
- Invitation to the OHA Annual Corn Roast and Plant/Supply Exchange.
- Association newsletters and announcements
- Membership card. Benefits of being an OHA Student Member card holder are in development.
- Opportunity to participate on any OHA committee (including PMC)
- Representation with the provincial government on issues that affect the practice of herbal medicine in Ontario, and on the federal level through the OHA’s membership in the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA).
- Opportunity for members to advertise their herbal events on the OHA website and in the quarterly bulletin.
- Access to the Professional Member’s login area of the Association’s website. This area includes a wealth of guidance documents, articles and e-books, as well as all OHA minutes of meetings, bulletins and newsletters.
- Student discounts at OHA seminars and sponsored events
- Discounts for visits to many OHA Registered Herbalists (see web site listings)
- Opportunity to help guide the future of herbal medicine in Ontario
- The right to have input on issues that affect membership.
- Community and connection with like-spirited people.
- Opportunity to network with other student members and professional herbalists at such venues as committee meetings, OHA sponsored events, the AGM, and the annual corn roast and plant/supply exchange.
Join us today – Sign up as a student member!
Student Membership Application:
Once you have submitted your application via the “submit” button above, if you wish to complete payment online via PayPal, please click the button below:
Student Membership – Annual Fee $45 +tax = $50.85.
The OHA is currently experiencing problems with the PayPal account on its website. Until this issue is resolved, payments should be sent by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. An explanatory note for the payment should also be sent to email@example.com.
If you prefer to submit your application and cheque by mail, please download and send in the Student Membership Application.