The position of Office Administrator is a part-time casual contract position with no set hours. Hours will vary and are estimated to range from 5-20 per month, with a heavier workload expected during the September/October membership renewal period.
The applicant will have a sincere interest in promoting herbal medicine in Ontario.
Primary responsibilities revolve around performing daily administration of the OHA, processing memberships, maintaining accurate records, and regular communications with the Board of Directors, General Manager, and/or heads of Committees and Subcommittees, as applicable.
– checking voicemail and email daily, answering inquiries and/or directing messages/inquiries to Board Members, General Manager, and/or heads of committees/subcommittees
– providing non-medical, non-herbal information as requested
– liaising with the OHA Treasurer to ensure membership records are accurate and complete
– ensuring membership applications are complete and advising of missing documents
– processing new memberships and renewals
– sending letters as required and when approved by the Board
– storing OHA merchandise; processing and shipping orders; maintaining inventory
– other administrative tasks as assigned
The applicant will:
– exhibit the ability to effectively co-ordinate complex tasks with a high level of accuracy
– exhibit the ability to communicate effectively with an excellent level of English literacy
– exhibit computer skills including Excel, word processing, email applications, and WordPress
– exhibit excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
– demonstrate a sincere interest in promoting herbal medicine in Ontario
This is a contract part-time casual position, with invoicing provided in 5-minute increments detailing the work performed. Payment is on a monthly basis and is based on invoices received. While some direct expenses, when submitted, will be reimbursed upon approval, other expenses such as phone and internet costs are considered part of the contractor’s business expenses and are not reimbursed.
Payment rate is $20.00 per hour.
Hours are variable and estimated at 5-20 hours per month, with heavier workload during membership renewal periods (September/October). The applicant is expected to check emails and voicemails on a daily basis.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by December 15th, 2021.