- Membership in a world class herbalists association.
- The right to use the Registered Herbalist (RH) designation.
- Public legitimacy that comes with being a member of an organization with Educational Standards, Scope of Practice and Ethics Standards, and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
- Free listing on the “Find a Registered Herbalist” section of the OHA website. This listing includes the practitioner’s contact information and a link to their personal website.
- Practitioner phone and email referral.
- The support of the Professional Members Committee (PMC) which is concerned with the needs of Registered Herbalists.
- A certificate of membership with yearly renewal sticker. This gives member’s clients the confidence and security that their practitioner’s credentials are current.
- Membership card. (Benefits of being an OHA Professional Member card holder are in development.)
- Opportunity for members to advertise their schools, workshops, or herbal events on OHA website and in the quarterly bulletin.
- Association newsletters and announcements
- Invitation to the OHA Annual Corn Roast and Plant/Supply Exchange.
- The use of the Registered Herbalist brochures produced by the OHA. These are professionally designed brochures on the benefits and practice of herbal medicine and why one should see an OHA Registered Herbalist. Members receive 15 brochures free annually and have the opportunity to purchase more at a discounted price through the Association.
- The right to attend the OHA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Voting rights at the AGM on important OHA issues.
- The right to run for a position on the Board of Directors of the Association.
- The right to participate on any OHA Committee (except the Student Members Committee).
- The right to have input on issues that affect membership.
- Rewards from the increased awareness by the general public of the benefits of herbal medicine and of professional standing within the OHA through the promotional efforts of the OHA.
- Opportunity to help guide the future of herbal medicine in Ontario
- Representation with the provincial government on issues that affect the practice of herbal medicine in Ontario, and on the federal level through the OHA’s membership in the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA).
- Access to the Professional Member’s login area of the Association’s website. This area includes a wealth of guidance documents, articles and e-books, as well as all OHA minutes of meetings, bulletins and newsletters.
- Opportunity to present as a lecturer at OHA sponsored events.
- Opportunity to promote personal practice and display promotional material at OHA sponsored events.
- Discounts at all OHA seminars and sponsored events.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Applicants for professional membership in the OHA must satisfy OHA Educational Standards, and practice in accordance with the professional Code of Ethics, Code of Practice and Scope of Practice.
Please note that membership in other professional associations, regardless of required standards, does not necessarily mean automatic acceptance as a professional member of the OHA. Supporting evidence of education and practice will be required.
To apply, please fill out the form below; you will be taken to a secure PayPal transaction page when you click submit. If you prefer, you may download, fill out, and mail the Professional Membership Application (pdf).
Professional Membership Application:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Professional Member of the Ontario Herbalists Association. A successful applicant earns the designation of Registered Herbalist (RH).
Please complete all of the following information.
A non-refundable application processing fee of $50.00+tax = $56.50 is required at the time of application.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants under all categories are subject to final approval by the OHA Board of Directors.
If accepted as a Professional Member in the Ontario Herbalists Association, I agree to the following conditions of membership:
1. To abide by the Ontario Herbalists Association Professional Code of Ethics;
2. To abide by the Ontario Herbalists Association Professional Code of Practice;
3. To post at all times and in full view of my clients the Professional Code of Ethics and Professional Code of Practice;
4. To pay annual membership dues in full as and when required.
Note: The current annual professional dues are $225.00 + $29.25 HST = $254.25*
I understand that failing to abide by the conditions of membership may render me liable to disciplinary action which may result in loss of the privileges and benefits of my Professional Membership in the Ontario Herbalists Association.
The Ontario Herbalists Association assumes no responsibility for any health care service or advice given by its professional members. Being accepted as a Professional Member does not guarantee an ability to practice herbal medicine.
The OHA is currently experiencing problems with the PayPal account on its website. Until this issue is resolved, payments should be sent by eTransfer to email@example.com. An explanatory note for the payment should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.