Benefits of Professional Membership with the Ontario Herbalists Association:
- Membership in a world class herbalists association.
- The right to use the Registered Herbalist (RH) designation.
- Public legitimacy that comes with being a member of an organization with Educational Standards, Scope of Practice and Ethics Standards, and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
- Free listing on the Find a Registered Herbalist section of the OHA website. This listing includes the practitioner’s contact information and a link to their personal website.
- Practitioner phone and email referral.
- The support of the Professional Members Committee (PMC) which is concerned with the needs of Registered Herbalists.
- A certificate of membership with yearly renewal sticker. This gives a member’s clients the confidence and security that their practitioner’s credentials are current.
- Membership card. (Benefits of being an OHA Professional Member card holder are in development.)
- Opportunity for members to advertise their schools, workshops, or herbal events on the OHA website and in the newsletter.
- Invitation to the OHA Annual Corn Roast and Plant/Supply Exchange.
- The use of Registered Herbalist brochures produced by the OHA. These are professionally designed brochures on the benefits and practice of herbal medicine and why one should see an OHA Registered Herbalist. Members receive 15 brochures free annually and have the opportunity to purchase more at a discounted price through the Association.
- The right to attend the OHA Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Voting rights at the AGM on important OHA issues.
- The right to run for a position on the Board of Directors of the Association.
- The right to participate on any OHA Committee (except the Student Members Committee).
- The right to have input on issues that affect membership.
- Rewards from the increased awareness by the general public of the benefits of herbal medicine and of professional standing within the OHA through the promotional efforts of the OHA.
- Opportunity to help guide the future of herbal medicine in Ontario.
- Representation with the provincial government on issues that affect the practice of herbal medicine in Ontario, and on the federal level through the OHA’s membership in the Canadian Council of Herbalist Associations (CCHA).
- Access to the Professional Members login area of the Association’s website. This area includes a wealth of guidance documents, articles and e-books, as well as all OHA minutes of meetings, bulletins and newsletters.
- Opportunity to present as a lecturer at OHA sponsored events.
- Opportunity to promote personal practice and display promotional material at OHA sponsored events.
- Discounts at all OHA seminars and sponsored events.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants for professional membership in the OHA must satisfy OHA Educational Standards, and practice in accordance with the professional Code of Ethics, Code of Practice and Scope of Practice.